There is another new Tween engine from Grant Skinner called gTween, further demonstrating the fun in coding with AS3. Frameworks and kits are duplicating much like the Python community because the language and platform are quite empowering. Do we have too many Tween engines, maybe but be glad the flash community has this many and share, it only makes each iteration better.
gTween has a lot of additional features. I’m not going to write about all of them, but here are a few:
- autoHide, sets the target’s visible to false when the tweened alpha is 0
- autoReverse, reverses the tween when it ends (and plays it backwards if autoPlay is true).
- smartRotate, rotates in shortest direction
- supports using setSize for tweening height and width on components
- support for updating properties like matrix and colorTransform automatically during a tween.
- jump to any point in a tween by setting position.
- loop a tween by setting nextTween equal to the same tween.
- determine the state of a tween with the state and paused properties.
Download (Beta 1)
To access the API documentation, and download the latest build of GTween, visit the GTween page at gskinner.com/libraries/gtween/.
Here is a list of all open AS3 Tweening engines and base kits
- Animation Package
- AS3 Animation System 2.1
- Go (base animation kit)
- TweenLite (TweenMax)