Alternativa Platform, previously Alternativa Game, launched their Alternativa Platform milestone 1 and really one demo would have been enough but there are some great demos there that literally put them what appears a couple laps up on the 3d FPS style engine in Flash.
The engine is highly optimized and smooth, heavy on the processor, but using the ‘t’ key you can see some nice revealing triangle rendering. Also, playing with the field of view adds for some nice game effects. (try jumping on the fans in the half-life like room in the first demo)
Check the textures
See the Matrix
From Above, Isometric
Here is what is to come from the platform:
- dynamic lighting and shadows (точечные и направленные источники света);
- bump lighting;
- parallax mapping;
- automatic UV-mapping;
- sprites, 3D-sprites;
- sprite lighting;
- texture objects;
- Global Illumination imitation;
- sprite pre-render system (phases render on server using uploaded 3D-models);
- animation system (including inverse kinematics);
- 3D-objects interactivity;
- physics simulation.
Congrats to the Russian based Alternativa Platform, the world is watching.