A great Action Message Format (AMF) remoting kit for server side for the pythonistas is pyAMF, they recently released PyAMF 0.3 and have a sample running up on Google App Engine. There is also a tutorial for getting PyAMF running on Google App Engine. Aral Balkan got this running as well.
Features of pyAMF currently:
- AMF0 encoder/decoder for legacy Flash Players (version 6-8).
- AMF3 encoder/decoder for the new AMF format in Flash Player 9.
- Support for IExternalizable, ArrayCollection, ObjectProxy, ByteArray (with zlib support), RecordSet and RemoteObject
- Remoting gateways for Twisted, Django, TurboGears2, Web2Py, Pylons and any compatible WSGI framework.
- Authentication/setCredentials support
- Remoting client using httplib with authentication support
- Service Browser (DescribeService header) requests supported
- Local Shared Object (LSO) support
- Adapter Framework to integrate nicely with third-party Python projects
More on the PyAMF library:
- Download — Download PyAMF
- Examples — Tutorials and examples
- Features — PyAMF features
- Documentation – General documentation
- Mailing List — Join the mailinglist for user and developer discussions
- Blog — Announcements and news
- IRC Channel — Chat and discuss PyAMF or get support
- Success Stories — See how PyAMF is being used
- Team — The people working on this project
- License — The project is licensed under the open source MIT license